MOU-RBA Archives

October 2012

From:
Erik Bruhnke <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Erik Bruhnke <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 9 Oct 2012 21:23:01 -0600
This morning I led the weekly hike for Duluth Audubon Society. We had some
great finds, including a Harlequin Duck, Red-throated Loon, migrating
juvenile Peregrine Falcon, and more! To anyone interested in attending next
week's walk, we'll meet by 7:15am at the recreation parking lot near the
end of Park Point. Hope to see you there. eBird lists from this morning,
and photos below.

Park Point this morning

Canal Park this morning

Harlequin Duck (from this morning). Observed from the east side of Canal
Park, looking east over the lake. Kudos to Larry Kraemer for finding this
bird.
http://www.pbase.com/image/146578841

Meadowlark (from this morning). We were leaning towards Eastern Meadowlark
due to the higher-contrast head and relatively pale malar (handle-bar)
streak. Any feedback on this bird is appreciated!
http://www.pbase.com/image/146578842

Some fun shots from two days ago...

VARIED THRUSH (in-hand at Hawk Ridge, two days ago)!
http://www.pbase.com/image/146590741
http://www.pbase.com/image/146590738

White-throated Sparrow (edge of Hawk Ridge, 2 days ago)
http://www.pbase.com//image/146590743

Fox Sparrow (edge of Hawk Ridge, 2 days ago)
http://www.pbase.com/image/146592038
Merlin (Park Point 2 days ago)
http://www.pbase.com/image/146590660

Herring Gull (Canal Park 2 days ago)
http://www.pbase.com/image/146590658

Icy sunrise (Park Point 2 days ago)
http://www.pbase.com/image/146590668

Good birding,
Erik Bruhnke
Duluth, MN

--
*NATURALLY AVIAN* - Birding Tours and Bird Photography
[log in to unmask] (e-mail)