MOU-RBA Archives

February 2013

Sender:
Rare Bird Alert <[log in to unmask]>
From:
sparky stensaas <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 21 Feb 2013 20:53:27 -0700
Hi all

Out this week with John Top from San Diego.

This late afternoon we found a Boreal Owl in the Sax-Zim Bog. It was about a 1/2 mile south of Sax Rd on CR7 ...East side

About 7:40am we found a male Spruce Grouse along Hwy1 east of Ely at milepost 302.9
WW Crossbills on Stoney River Forest Rd

Thanks to Mike Hendrickson we saw a large raft of Long-tailed Ducks in Agate Bay in Two Harbors

Glaucous and Iceland Gull flying over Superior Landfill on Moccasin Mike Rd

Could not relocate any of the Hawk Owls.  .. Poplar WI, Martin Rd, Stone Lk Rd

Sparky Stensaas
218.341.3350