MOU-RBA Archives

July 2011

From:
Earl Orf <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 12 Jul 2011 15:54:02 -0600
I saw the male Blue Grosbeak this morning at 140th Street.  Very good
directions were given in previous posts.

I waited about 45 minutes but he finally showed up about 8:15.  He then
perched on wires and the small cedar trees and sang his heart out.  He also
flew into the wheat field on the south side of the road.

Also present were several very vocal Dickcissels, a couple of Eastern
Kingbirds defending their territory, and many sparrows.  Clay-colored
Sparrows were the most numerous, with a few Chipping Sparrows also seen.

Earl Orf
www.earlorfphotos.com <http://www.earlorfphotos.com/>