MOU-RBA Archives

January 2014

Sender:
Rare Bird Alert <[log in to unmask]>
From:
Herb Dingmann <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 18 Jan 2014 19:39:22 -0700
This afternoon around 2:05 Ron Erpelding and I were able to refind the Snowy
Owl that had been reported in Redwood County.  The location is 0.4 miles
south of 240th St. on CR13.  There are two wood fence posts on the west side
of the road at that point which are part of a former fence line.  The bird
was along the former fence line quite a distance from the road on a little
knoll.  We had to use a scope to be certain that it was actually a Snowy
Owl.

After that we headed back to Brown County to search for the Snowy Owl that
we had unsuccessfully searched for earlier in the day.  We instead found
another Snowy Owl along the way.  This was a very dark immature female
sitting on the ground 1.8 miles east of Hwy4 along CR22.  The bird was about
150 yards away on the south side of CR22, roughly 0.2 miles west of house
number 24955.

Herb Dingmann
St. Cloud