MOU-RBA Archives

March 2015

From:
Ron Taube <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Ron Taube <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 14 Mar 2015 12:27:46 -0500
It was another wonderful morning out at the Dam on the Coon Rapids Side. The redheads and the lesser scaup were still there and in increasing numbers but still not a lot.  I saw more buffleheads and goldeneye.  My friend Larry saw some ruddy ducks but they weren’t in the area that I was walking. I also saw my first bluebirds of the season. There was a pair by the walkway that hung around for quite a while.  We saw six or seven trumpeter swans a couple of bald eagles, more Canada Geese, and even more cedar waxwings.  There were at least 20 hooded mergansers on the BP side of the river, thanks to a tip from another birder with a scope. There was a young man flying a drone near the channel.  He said that he had the sense to keep it way from nests so I was happy about that. Here is a link to some photos.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/ronsthoughts/ <https://www.flickr.com/photos/ronsthoughts/>

Ron Taube
Coon Rapids