MOU-RBA Archives

July 2013

Sender:
Rare Bird Alert <[log in to unmask]>
From:
Roger Schroeder <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 4 Jul 2013 11:47:58 -0600
The song I heard I believe to be a Cerulean Warbler. I heard it again
late morning in the Lower Campground of Garvin Park near the Host Cap
site up high in the trees. Didn't see it, but have ruled out other
helpful suggestions such as Towhee, goldfinch, and Redstart. The song
is has a slight buzz to it, but is more clear than what I recalled
Cerulean to be. Will try to monitor the site and get a visual
confirmation.

On this link: http://www.birdjam.com/birdsong.php?id=63 songs 9
through 11 on this recording match what I heard.

Thanks to all who offered their input.

Rog