MOU-RBA Archives

December 2010

Sender:
Rare Bird Alert <[log in to unmask]>
From:
Peter Mattson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 20 Dec 2010 17:01:01 -0700
Sunday 12/18, 3PM, on the Austin CBC Pete Vanproosdy, Gordy Kuehne, Bill
Buckley, and Pete Mattson found a golden eagle in southeastern Freeborn
County, 3 miles north of downtown London.  It was about 1/8 mile north of
150th Street, 3/4 mile east of CR34, sitting low in an oak tree.   We had a
good long look at it before it flew off to the northwest.  This was the
first golden eagle in 35 years of Austin Christmas Bird Counts and we feel
pretty darn good about it.