MOU-RBA Archives

April 2013

From:
Herb Dingmann <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Herb Dingmann <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 21 Apr 2013 20:32:33 -0600
This morning I had the good fortune to find a White-faced Ibis in Myre-Big
Island State Park.  The Ibis initially flew over me at the first curve in
the paved road about 1/4 mile south of the park office.  By walking down the
paved road to the east about 100 yards, and then taking the trail to the
right that curves around the hill, I was able to find where it had settled
into a small pond.  I was able to get a good look with my scope and
positively identify it as a White-faced Ibis.

Unfortunately, about the time I identified it, some ducks in the pond
spooked and the Ibis went with them.  Hopefully, it's still in the area
somewhere.

Herb Dingmann
St. Cloud