MOU-RBA Archives

September 2014

From:
Ron Taube <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Ron Taube <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 21 Sep 2014 06:33:54 -0500
Hi
My wife and I and a friend went out to Le Sueur to see the Rufous Hummingbird.  It was still there.   I want to thank those that posted it before and Steve and his wife, the owners of the orchard where the bird is,  who were gracious enough to let me sit on his porch and take a high speed video of it from the convenience of a chair.  We were there for about an hour  and he came by several times. There were other birders there at the time also.  The rufous drives off the ruby throats from other feeders even though he typically only feeds at the one small feeder.  He was very fun to watch.  I have posted my high speed video of him on my flickr account and a few photos if you’re interested here is the link.  https://www.flickr.com/photos/ronsthoughts/15300832185/
Thanks to everyone who posts here.
Ron Taube
Coon Rapids.