MOU-RBA Archives

April 2014

Sender:
Rare Bird Alert <[log in to unmask]>
From:
Josh Wallestad <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 23 Apr 2014 18:13:52 -0600
This evening I found a lone American Avocet at the Atwater sewage ponds.
There are three ponds, and it was on the west shore of the pond furthest
south and west.  To access the ponds, take the Kandi-Meeker Rd south from
US 12 and go about a half mile.  The entrance will be on the west side of the
road.  Note that the gate is only open to vehicles on Mondays, Wednesdays,
and Saturdays.  I imagine you could walk to the ponds on the other days, but
it will just be a bit more of a hike.

Other birds seen at the ponds:
10 Bonaparte's Gulls
2 Trumpeter Swans