MOU-RBA Archives

May 2016

From:
Ron Taube <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Ron Taube <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 17 May 2016 14:31:44 -0500
Hi
We were out with Gary Swanson’s Tuesday hiking group and we saw and heard a Henslow’s Sparrow along the trail.  Gary asked that if I post this that anyone who sees the sparrow there to please stay on the trail and don’t drive it out of the area.  Other birds seen or heard on the hike were a American  Kestrel, vesper sparrow, grasshopper sparrow, field sparrow, Northern rough winged swallow, a baltimore oriole building a nest, scarlet tanager, warbling vireo, olive sided flycatcher, belted kingfisher and a single pelican.  We saw 52 species in all.  Here is a link to some photos. and a video.  https://www.flickr.com/photos/ronsthoughts/
Ron Taube
Coon Rapids Mn