MOU-RBA Archives

October 2010

From:
John Cyrus <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
John Cyrus <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 31 Oct 2010 10:06:21 -0600
A Pacific Loon was seen at close range from Lake Waconia beach this morning.   He hung around that area for a bit until he began moving west and away from shore.   Eventually I lost him and never found him again, though I did check along the shore in town.  There may have been 2 other Pacific Loons slightly east of shore.   They came from the center of the lake and were heading towards the beach until a fishing boat got really close to them.   They turned around and headed back towards the center of the lake.    I found the Surf Scoter this morning east of the beach and heading east, but I did not see the Black Scoters.   Otherwise the only different birds on the lake were a few Common Goldeneye.