MOU-RBA Archives

October 2013

From:
Chad Heins <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Chad Heins <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 18 Oct 2013 12:11:59 -0600
I chased after Kim Eckert's Mute Swan this morning withou
Hey birders,

I chased after Kim Eckert's Mute Swan this morning without any success.  The last two times I have chased after that species in Nicollet County, I end up with lots of Trumpeter Swans.  Today I had 17, including 5 young of the year.  They were scattered from CR111 to areas east of there.

However, east of that posted location on the Duck Lake-North Unit of the Swan Lake WMA I found a sleeping American Avocet tucked in with about a dozen Greater Yellowlegs.  There were also Lesser Yellowlegs, Pectoral Sandpiper, and a flock of smaller peeps there as well.

Happy birding!

Chad Heins
Mankato

"But ask the animals and they will teach you, or the birds of the air, and they will tell you; Which of all these does not know that the hand of the Lord has done this?" --Job 12:7, 9