MOU-RBA Archives

December 2010

From:
judith sparrow <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
judith sparrow <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 11 Dec 2010 14:46:19 -0700
In my yard, 4 mi. south of Prescott, WI; unfortunately, not in MN!

I watched a Carolina Wren come to one of my suet feeders in my yard for an hour or so from 12 noon until 1 p.m. today, Dec. 11.  This suet feeder has a horizontal area on each side of the vertical suet holder and it was on this horizontal area that the wren perched and fed on the suet.

Its large white eye line and longish/slightly decurved bill were obvious and I also saw it perched on a branch in one of my pine trees and noticed its rather long wren-like cocked tail.  It had a white throat and was buffy on its breast/belly.

Judith Sparrow
Prescott, WI