MOU-RBA Archives

April 2014

From:
Steve Weston <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Steve Weston <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 9 Apr 2014 00:29:14 -0600
Hi all,

Kevin Smith phoned me to tell me that he had just seen the Scoter from Boom
Island Park on the east end of the Plymouth bridge in Minneapolis.  I was
working and able to swing by the park and view the duck accompanied by 7
Scaup from the south side of the park at 3:45 pm (Tuesday).

Also seen today:
A pair of Wood Duck flying over Eagan heading in the direction of my lake.
A pair of Bufflehead in a pond in the cloverleaf of I-35 and CR 46.  Viewed
at 70 mph.
A flock of grackles in a tree in Burnsville.
A flock of cowbirds in a tree along Hwy 280.

I am still not hearing a Song Sparrow.

Steve Weston
On Quigley Lake in Eagan, MN