MOU-RBA Archives

July 2014

From:
Date:
Fri, 25 Jul 2014 11:41:41 -0600

Semipalmated Sandpiper
Short-billed Dowitcher
Northern Mockingbird
-Transcript

Hotline: Minnesota Statewide
Date: July 25, 2014
Sponsor: Minnesota Ornithologists' Union (MOU) http://moumn.org
Reports: (763) 780-8890
Compiler: Anthony Hertzel ([log in to unmask])

This is the Minnesota Birding Report for Thursday July 24th, 2014.

A WHITE-TAILED KITE was reported on July 14th east of the junction of
Douglas County roads 14 and 6, but I have no further information.

A NORTHERN MOCKINGBIRD was seen on the 17th in Duluth along Port
Terminal Road just before it passes beneath the I-535 bridge. On the
same day, Karl Bardon found a RED-THROATED LOON at the McQuade Road boat
launch just up the shore.

Southbound shorebird migration is in full swing with many recent
arrivals. Species reported include GREATER YELLOWLEGS, SOLITARY
SANDPIPER, LESSER YELLOWLEGS, HUDSONIAN GODWIT , STILT SANDPIPER,
BAIRD'S SANDPIPER, SEMIPALMATED SANDPIPER, and SHORT-BILLED DOWITCHER.

The next scheduled update is Thursday July 31st, 2014.