MOU-RBA Archives

October 2009

From:
Peder Svingen <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Peder Svingen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 4 Oct 2009 20:44:16 -0600
Karl Bardon joined us at the 40th Ave West/Erie Pier area and after
two hours of searching the entire area, we refound the White-winged
Dove at approximately the same location at 6:05 PM. This time, it flew
several hundred yards in a northwesterly direction and probably found
a place to roost for the night. Karl was able to obtain an
identifiable image of the dove in flight. The approximate GPS
coordinates where it was originally found are as follows:
46.73957
-92.14358
Other species of interest included a Smith's Longspur and a Le Conte's
Sparrow -- one of 9 sparrow species at this location.

Peder Svingen
Duluth, MN