MOU-RBA Archives

December 2015

Sender:
Rare Bird Alert <[log in to unmask]>
From:
Ron Taube <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 3 Dec 2015 12:52:30 -0600
Hi
Thanks to a posting by Peter Nichols yesterday I checked out Lake Harriet this morning In the south West corner of the lake ai at first found 15 Coots and amongst them was a winter plumage Eared Grebe first of the year for me. I followed him east as he and the Coots moved and eventually found a dozen or so Northern Shovelers as well as a hybrid mallard that a passing birder pointed out to me  I did not see any Gulls but then I was told that they don’t usually show up till evening and I won’t be able to come back in the evening.  So here is my link to some photos. Happy birding to everyone.
Ron Taube
Coon Rapids
https://www.flickr.com/photos/ronsthoughts/ <https://www.flickr.com/photos/ronsthoughts/>