MOU-RBA Archives

May 2012

From:
Matt Dufort <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Matt Dufort <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 28 May 2012 13:05:40 -0600
Hi all,

This morning I took a short walk at Lebanon Hills Regional Park in
Dakota County, starting at the Visitor's Center on Cliff Rd, and
circling Schulze Lake.  I heard the singing male Hooded Warbler reported
previously, along the trail that leads south from Schulze Lake towards
Portage Lake.  In this same area, constant chipping led me to an
actively foraging adult female Hooded Warbler.  I didn't get to see the
two birds interacting, or see any signs of nesting.  But for folks
visiting this area, please keep an eye out for any evidence of nesting
activity.

Also in the area - lots of Eastern Towhees, a singing Scarlet Tanager,
and many other more common woodland birds.

Good birding,
Matt Dufort
Minneapolis