MOU-RBA Archives

March 2010

Date:
Mon, 22 Mar 2010 20:01:42 -0600
On Saturday and Sunday there were four trumpeter swans in Duluth. Saturday they were near the Hwy. 23 bridge between Minnesota and Wisconsin. Three had collars and one did not. On Sunday I saw four trumpeters in the St. Louis river channel out from Mud Lake near Gary-New Duluth. Although I couldn't read the collars on Sunday, again three swans had collars and one did not, so I suspect they were the same swans.

Both days there were also common mergansers, common goldeneyess, mallards, many Canada geese, and hooded mergansers along the river. The hooded mergansers were magnificent in their displays. The ones I saw along W. Water Street in Fond Du Lac made me wish I had a telephoto lens. They would have been close enough for some decent pictures.

Bruce Munson