MOU-RBA Archives

September 2016

Date:
Tue, 13 Sep 2016 07:17:08 -0600
Subject:
Sender:
Rare Bird Alert <[log in to unmask]>
From:
Brian Smith <[log in to unmask]>

Hi,
I got a phone call from a former co-worker that was commuting from Alexandria to New York Mills this morning and saw what he believes were 2 Whooping Cranes. He said they were flying across Hwy 29 between Hwy 210 and Deer Creek.  They were about 30 feet above the ground, flying west to east. He said there's often Sandhill Cranes in the area so he knows the difference between a Crane and say a Trumpeter Swan.  When he got to work he looked at pictures of Whooping Cranes and he's convinced that's what he saw. Just thought I'd share this with the list serve.
Brian Smith

Sent from my Verizon 4G LTE smartphone