MOU-RBA Archives

January 2010

From:
Bruce Fall <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Bruce Fall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 3 Jan 2010 16:34:32 -0700
This afternoon (Sun., 3 Jan.) from 3:15-3:45 p.m. I watched a male
Barrow's Goldeneye in the Mississippi R. from Prescott, WI. It was in
both WI and MN waters, out from the marina/apartment complex in town.
There were about 500 Common Goldeneyes to sort through in the
relatively limited amount of open water. One female Long-tailed Duck
was also present but I was unable to find the Harlequin Duck. Earlier
in the afternoon, at Lock and Dam #2 in Hastings, there were lots of
gulls: 325 Herring Gulls, at least 5 Thayer's Gulls (3 adults), one
adult Kumlien's Iceland Gull (great view from 75 m in full sun, but
my camera was at home), and one adult Franklin's Gull.

Bruce Fall, Minneapolis