MOU-RBA Archives

July 2011

From:
Liz Stanley <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Liz Stanley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 1 Jul 2011 13:47:08 -0600
I went out this morning and was able to find the blue grosbeaks. There
were some other birders there and I'm happy to report that everyone was
able to enjoy them while also not disturbing them with our presence. I
observed some favored perching spots and after the others left I
repositioned myself for some photos and my patience was rewarded!

http://www.pbase.com/gymell/image/136043792
http://www.pbase.com/gymell/image/136043780

Thanks for sharing the sighting and also for reminding people to respect
the birds.

> On Sunday the birding Gods were with me. I observed a male and female
Blue
> Grosbeak on 140th st  in Dakota County.  I have been reluctant to post
this pair because they may very well be a breeding pair which would be a
rarity. The birds have been very active and should be easily seen. I
would
> ask that you DO NOT USE TAPES , as they are not necessary and more
importantly be very disturbing to the pair. I hope I have not errored in
posting this. I would like others to enjoy these birds without
interfering
> with a possible successful breeding attempt.
> Directions are at junction of Highway 52 & county road 42 go east about
one block ; north on Conley ave to 140th st.se ; turn right go to the
county garbage dump on north side of the road where there are a group of
Cedar trees .The birds have been in this area. ( it's about 1.7 miles
from
> the turn on Conley to the cedar trees.
> Again, LETS NOT DISTURB THIS PAIR OF BLUE GROSBEAKS !
>                     Jim Otto
> ----

Liz Stanley
Bloomington, MN