MOU-RBA Archives

October 2015

Sender:
Rare Bird Alert <[log in to unmask]>
From:
Ron Taube <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 7 Oct 2015 12:01:08 -0500
Hi
Today at the Coon Rapids Dam on the Anoka County side Naturalist Gary Swanson lead his phenology group and we saw 43 species of birds.  Some of the highlights include several species of sparrows including white throated. White Crowned,Fox, Harris , Lincoln’s and Dark Eyed Juncos .  We also saw several species of raptors including a red shouldered hawk that we got good looks at on several occasions and a Red Tailed Hawk and a merlin.  We saw three species of warbler, the Orange crowned, Nashville and Yellow Rumped.  The only vireo we saw was a blue headed one. We also saw ruby crowned kinglets and a pair of juvenile bald eagles.  I have posted several photos on my flickr page  including the Red Shouldered Hawk at this link
https://www.flickr.com/photos/ronsthoughts/ <https://www.flickr.com/photos/ronsthoughts/>
Ron Taube
Coon Rapids