MOU-RBA Archives

May 2009

From:
judith sparrow <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
judith sparrow <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 7 May 2009 15:11:58 -0600
This is a second hand report of a Summer Tanager that was seen a few days ago in a yard just off of WI Hwy 35, 4 or 5 miles south of Prescott, WI (across the Mississippi River from Hastings, MN).  The bird was photographed and appeared to be a 1st spring male.  Several photos were brought to the Freedom Park/Great River Road Learning Center in Prescott for help with the ID.  Maureen Ottwell, the Director of the GRRLC, saw the photos and ID'd the bird using both Sibley and National Geographic field guides.  I did not personally see the photos or talk to the person who took the photos; and, neither Maureen nor I know the name or exact address of the person who saw and photographed the bird.  So, this is just a heads-up to be on the lookout for this bird in the Prescott/Diamond Bluff/Hastings etc. areas.

Judith Sparrow
Prescott, WI