MOU-RBA Archives

July 2012

Sender:
Rare Bird Alert <[log in to unmask]>
From:
Anthony Hertzel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 19 Jul 2012 21:51:30 -0600
-RBA
*Minnesota
*Minnesota Statewide
*July 19, 2012
*MNST1207.19

-Birds mentioned
Little Blue Heron
Semipalmated Plover
Sanderling
Least Sandpiper
White-rumped Sandpiper
Stilt Sandpiper
Ruff
Lazuli Bunting
-Transcript

Hotline: Minnesota Statewide
Date: July 19, 2012
Sponsor: Minnesota Ornithologists' Union (MOU) http://moumn.org
Reports: (763) 780-8890
Compiler: Anthony Hertzel ([log in to unmask])

This is the Minnesota Birding Report for Thursday July 19th, 2012.

A LAZULI BUNTING was seen and photographed at a feeder in Shoreview,
Ramsey County on July 14th. It was at a private residence along Bristol
Run Road, and as yet I have no information concerning access.

I have a secondhand report of a RUFF seen July 18th in Otter Tail
County. Check the wetlands and flooded fields at the intersection of
county road 1 and 170th Street, about four and a half miles south of
Fergus Falls.

A possible LITTLE BLUE HERON was reported on the 12th from Mississippi
Point Park in Champlin, Hennepin County.

Southbound shorebirds reported recently include SEMIPALMATED PLOVER,
SANDERLING, STILT SANDPIPER, WHITE-RUMPED SANDPIPER, and LEAST
SANDPIPER.

The next scheduled update of this tape is Thursday July 26th, 2012.