MOU-RBA Archives

February 2012

Sender:
Rare Bird Alert <[log in to unmask]>
From:
Jim Ryan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 11 Feb 2012 19:39:56 -0700
About 5:15pm today, a gracious birder/photographer named Karen refound one
Snowy on 120th Ave. about 1/3 mile N. of 700th St.  Thanks much to Ken &
Rebecca Vail for continuing to update reports of these birds!

Karen reported her finding to Diane & myself. I informed the family
searching nearby (Curt, wife & 2 kids). I also reported it to John & Chris
Hockema, and another couple, Steve & Mary, who all had been in the area
this afternoon searching for the boreal visitors. All returned to see it.

This owl was fairly well barred and sitting about 200 yards East of 120th
on a rise.

While we all scoped it out as it scanned for a meal, John or Chris spotted
a 2nd owl flying South & West along the sunset horizon.  We followed it
along 700th St. and found it about 40 yards from the road. All got good
looks at a 2nd snowy owl in 10 minutes!

Also found today were lots of Horned Larks in Dodge & Steele Counties, well
over 30 birds.

--
Sincerely,

Jim Ryan
Saint Paul's Westside
----
One of the first conditions of happiness is that the link between Man and
Nature shall not be broken. -* Leo Tolstoy*

A well governed appetite is the greater part of liberty. - *Lucius Annaeus
Seneca*