MOU-RBA Archives

May 2010

From:
Julian Sellers <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Julian Sellers <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 1 May 2010 14:37:21 -0600
It's rare but possible.  There is a sizable breeding population of Hooded
Warblers in Murphy-Hanrehan Regional Park (Three Rivers Park District).
(Bruce Fall is the expert on that.)  In recent years, the species has been
reported from various locations in MN, including Battle Creek Park and
Crosby Farm Park in St. Paul.  If your location was on Stewart Ave between
Rankin St and Homer St, that's just a block north of Shepard Road and Crosby
Farm Park.  I have seen Hooded Warblers in the bluff woods below Shepard
Road on 5/24/03 and 5/19/09.  In Birds in Minnesota, Bob Janssen lists April
22 and April 30 as the earliest spring dates for Hooded Warblers in
Minnesota.

Julian
St. Paul