MOU-RBA Archives

October 2010

From:
Rare Bird Alert <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sat, 23 Oct 2010 15:29:16 -0600
At 3 PM Saturday we observed 9 White-Winged Scoters and 6 Black Scoters on the lee side of Stoney Point. They were seen fairly close to shore and were moving together although each group kept with its own type. We saw them from the first pullout on Stoney Point Drive, just after you turn onto that road near Tom's Logging Camp. Winds were strong from the east so the Duluth side of the point was the only relatively calm water om the vicinity.

Stoney Point is approx. 10 miles from Duluth on Scenic Highway 61.

Jeanne Tanamachi

Lauderdale MN