MOU-RBA Archives

May 2016

From:
Peter Nichols <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Peter Nichols <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 16 May 2016 13:05:31 -0600
This morning, David Adair and I got good looks at a singing CERULEAN
WARBLER at Wilmes Lake Park in Woodbury (along the short creek corridor to
the west of the north end of the lake).  12 other warbler species were
present, including NORTHERN PARULA and GOLDEN-WINGED WARBLER.

Later at Afton State Park, we heard one HOODED WARBLER back on territory
behind the visitor center, singing pretty far down the slope.  Last year I
counted at least 4 and possibly 5 different territories with singing males
in the park in June.  At the time, I also saw a female at one of those
locations and heard from another birder of fledglings at a different
location.  Hopefully there will be multiple individuals present again this
year.  As in previous years, multiple BLUE-WINGED WARBLERS are also present
on territory.

Peter Nichols
Cottage Grove
Washington County