MOU-RBA Archives

April 2012

Sender:
Rare Bird Alert <[log in to unmask]>
From:
William Marengo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 15 Apr 2012 17:33:17 -0600
Between 5:30pm and 6:00pm Apr. 15, I counted just over 350 individual
shorebirds at the west end of Rice Lake. Most of these were Greater and
Lesser Yellowlegs along with a handful of Dunlin, one Least Sandpiper, nine
Hudsonian Godwits and one Marbled Godwit.  The godwits, to the best of my
judgment, were  just west of the county line, placing them in Carver county.
Good luck county listers !!

There was a similar sized group of shorebirds towards the middle of the
lake, but approaching storms prevented me from scanning these.

Saludos,,,,