MOU-RBA Archives

May 2012

Sender:
Rare Bird Alert <[log in to unmask]>
From:
Mike Majeski <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 4 May 2012 21:44:47 -0600
My wife and I decided to swing by the Sleepy Eye sewage ponds on our way to Lamberton and found a female surf scoter around 6:00 p.m.  It started raining pretty hard shortly after we arrived and the wind was blowing hard from the east. At that time the scoter swam to the far eastern side of the north pond but after the storm went through the scoter came back to the western end and gave us good views.  The ponds are located about 2.3 miles south of Hwy 14 on CR 4 (east side of CR 4).