MOU-RBA Archives

May 2016

From:
Jason Caddy <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jason Caddy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 10 May 2016 22:41:10 -0600
I just noticed a picture of a Piping Plover on the MOU website but the bird has not been seen since 5/7. The bird was not mentioned at all on this email thread. I scrolled through countless posts on the Minnesota Birding Facebook page to see if it was mentioned there and it was but just with one distant photograph that had to be clicked on to see the positive ID information. There is no way I have time to sort through all of those Facebook posts to find a rare bird (especially this time of year). Where are people posting rare bird information now (eBird rare bird alerts)? I find that rare sightings are becoming harder to locate and feel totally out of the loop with my limited time to spend searching for things. The Piping Plover would have been a much wanted "lifer" for me and I don't want to keep missing out on those opportunities (I happened to be busy on Saturday anyway but it's the principal of it all). Sorry for the (sort of) off topic post.

Jason Caddy

Minneapolis