MOU-RBA Archives

December 2009

Sender:
Rare Bird Alert <[log in to unmask]>
From:
james otto <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 23 Dec 2009 05:26:43 -0700
Yesterday, Leslie Marcus, Mark Junghans and I had the birding Gods with us. After having the good fortune to see the 1st winter Black-headed Grosbeak, we headed for Aitkin County for a day of birding. On the drive over to Palisade, we saw Ruffed Grouse, Evening Grosbeaks at the Risen,s residence and Black-billed Magpie flyby. In Palisade very close looks at Bohemian Waxwings and Purple Finches. And to end the day, on County Road 18 north of Palisade we saw Rough-legged Hawks, Gray Jays, 3 Ruffed Grouse, 3 Northern Hawk Owls and one Great Gray Owl at 320th and county 18. Long but very rewarding day.

                              Jim otto

http://clk.atdmt.com/GBL/go/171222985/direct/01/