MOU-RBA Archives

August 2012

From:
Erik Bruhnke <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Erik Bruhnke <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 17 Aug 2012 22:58:07 -0600
This afternoon I had my first-of-the-fall Parasitic Jaeger, while walking
along sandy Dune Bridge area of Park Point. This bird is a light morph
adult. In addition to this jaeger adding a huge burst of excitement to the
afternoon, there was also a Bonaparte's Gull flying by, a Semipalmated
Sandpiper that hung out with me for almost twenty straight minutes in one
spot, and four distant peeps that flew by, unidentified.  Enjoy the pics!

Adult light morph Parasitic Jaeger
http://www.pbase.com/image/145446555

Semipalmated Sandpiper
http://www.pbase.com/image/145446566

Good birding,
Erik Bruhnke
Duluth, MN

--
*NATURALLY AVIAN* - Birding Tours and Bird photography
www.naturallyavian.com