MOU-RBA Archives

January 2011

Sender:
Rare Bird Alert <[log in to unmask]>
From:
jeff fischer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 31 Jan 2011 15:58:53 -0700
On two occasions this year I have been lucky enough to have golden ea

On two occasions this year I have been lucky enough to have golden eagles fly
right overhead while down on the Minnesota / Wisconsin border. On January 8th
with a group from the National Eagle Center we had a beautiful female fly over
and then return carrying a stick. Later on Jan 23rd on my own I had another
golden fly over head. These two occasions provided me with the best golden eagle
pictures that I have to date.There is probably only about a month left before
they begin to head back north so if you get a chance I would recommend visiting
the areas near Wabasha, MN and Alma, WI and look for a little gold of your own.

If you would like to get a preview of what you may be lucky enough to see you
can check out my golden eagle post here.

Thanks,
Jeff Fischer
http://ecobirder.blogspot.com/