MOU-RBA Archives

December 2011

Sender:
Rare Bird Alert <[log in to unmask]>
From:
Betsy Beneke <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 1 Dec 2011 10:05:54 -0700
Unfortunately, the snowy owl just south of Little Falls, reported earlier by Frank Gosiak, died last night - it was severely emaciated.

I've looked for the Royalton bird 3 times this week, both at dusk and dawn, and haven't seen it.  I don't know if I'm just unlucky, or it is no longer in the area.  It was there on Sunday at dusk - that was the only time I got to see it - along with Denny, Barb, Milt and Frank.

Betsy Beneke
Sherburne NWR