MOU-RBA Archives

February 2013

From:
Milton Blomberg <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Milton Blomberg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 14 Feb 2013 19:41:38 -0700
After a bit of snowshoeing in Warner Lake Park, a gray bird flew across the road on my way home (CR143 NE corner of Fuller Lake).  Upon turning around, parking and walking to the small Red Cedar where it landed, it flushed out in the scrub open into a Siberian Elm.  I could not make out an eye ring in the light.  It flew down near the ditch again, then back further in the woods that maintains a red cedar scrub habitat.  The intersection of the stub road 19th Ave w/ CR143 and Hwy 75 is suitable habitat as well.  About 3/4 mile north of the location of last year's bird that was south of the I94 in Warner Lake.  mjb