MOU-RBA Archives

August 2012

From:
Mike Majeski <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mike Majeski <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 12 Aug 2012 07:19:56 -0600
Vista Hills Park- just south of Battle Creek Regional Park- I heard a
Carolina wren singing outside the window early this morning.  I rushed
outside and after a few minutes located the bird singing from my
neighbors brush pile.  The bold white supercilium and reddish brown cap
and back/wings were apparent.  It was moving around pretty fast and I
did not get a picture but managed to get voice recording with the
camera.  I lost track of the bird but then heard it singing again a few
hundred feet away near the edge of Vista Hills Park.  I did not see the
bird again but it repeatedly sang from within the wooded area of the
park off the wood chip trail loop at the far south end of the park.
There is a sea of buckthorn in there so it's hard to see into the middle
where a small pond is located. The bird was last heard near there and
seems to be on the move. Access to a paved trail that leads to the wood
chip trail is off Marnie Street, just north of Teakwood Drive.

Mike Majeski