MOU-RBA Archives

January 2010

From:
Bruce Fall <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Bruce Fall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 16 Jan 2010 18:09:28 -0700
This afternoon (Sat., 16 Jan.) I watched two male Barrow's Goldeneyes
(one adult, one first-year)  in the Mississippi River at the far east
end of Lake Pepin, viewed from the first and second pulloffs east of
Camp Lacupolis. The two were about 1/2 mile apart. There was an
impressive concentration of Common Goldeneyes (2000+) and Common
Mergansers (about 800) at this location. Earlier I watched the adult
Franklin's Gull at Lock and Dam #2 in Hastings. It was the only gull
I saw today; it appears healthy and was flying around below the dam
and loafing on the ice.

Bruce Fall, Minneapolis