MOU-RBA Archives

March 2016

Sender:
Rare Bird Alert <[log in to unmask]>
From:
Ron Taube <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 29 Mar 2016 18:47:24 -0500
We started out the morning at the Bass Ponds with Gary Swanson’s weekly hike.  We saw 41 species including green winged teals, quite a few, northern shovelers, golden crowned kinglets, a single Greater yellow legs, wilson snipe, 3 i think, an unusual juvenile bald eagle that had a lot of features one might associate with a golden.  We saw also tree swallows, blue winged teal (foy for me), a red tailed hawk, a sandhill crane, fox , song and tree sparrows, hooded  mergansers(2), turkey vultures,wood ducks,great blue heron, northern harrier.and some leopard frogs .  After we left Gary he also found a long tailed Duck at the Bass Ponds.   Then my wife and i and a friend went to lake Harriet where we saw Northern Shovelers, Gadwall, Red Breasted Mergansers and a group of 6-10 horned Grebes that we followed around for quite a while. Then someone reported seeing a common Loon in the Lake and we found that . So we had very fine birding day in such nice weather.  I have posted some photos below on this link  https://www.flickr.com/photos/ronsthoughts/with/25499601883/ <https://www.flickr.com/photos/ronsthoughts/with/25499601883/>
Ron Taube
Coon Rapids