MOU-RBA Archives

December 2008

Sender:
Rare Bird Alert <[log in to unmask]>
From:
Stan & Molly Jo Miller-Johnson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 13 Dec 2008 11:40:45 -0700
Greetings,

At the end of October we hosted a Tufted Titmouse everyday for at least two weeks straight.  It stopped by at least three more, interspersed, times.  Now it was here yesterday and was back again today.  Shortly after it left, an accipiter flew through.  Now I'm worried.

Where do they roost at night?  We don't have a lot of evergreens, so I'm thinking it spends its nights about 1/2 mile away where there is a good-size grove, and then sometimes makes it way over here.  Is that a plausible theory?

Molly Jo Miller
Inver Grove Hts, Dakota Co