MOU-RBA Archives

October 2012

From:
Shawn Conrad <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Shawn Conrad <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 Oct 2012 17:34:47 -0600
While in Grand Marais today, I had a little time available to bird and
while it was slow overall, I did have a few notable sightings:

3 White-winged Scoters, 2 juvenile Greater White-fronted Geese, 1 Redhead,
2 Greater Scaup at the Harbor

Large flocks of Pine Siskins

Expected migrants like Horned Grebes, American Pipits, and Lapland Longspurs

About 20 Bohemian Waxwings in the mountain ash trees by the Shoreline Inn

Finally, some will be interested in the House Sparrows across the street
from the Shoreline Inn

Shawn Conrad
Itasca County