MOU-RBA Archives

April 2015

Sender:
Rare Bird Alert <[log in to unmask]>
From:
Ron Taube <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 11 Apr 2015 12:49:13 -0500
Hi
I am happy to confirm the earlier spotting of the Loggerhead Shrike in Ramsey at Lake Itasca .  My wife and I went down there this morning and ran into another couple of birders and we saw what I think are two Loggerhead shrikes on several occasions in about a one and half hour period. We also saw another birder who also saw the loggerheads.  I’m pretty sure that the second  bird was a loggerhead also.  We did not get as close to the second one but my photos seem to support that they both were loggerheads. We also heard the call and one of the birders we were with played the loggerhead call from her device and it matched the call of one of the birds.  Here are a few photos and a short video but there is no call on the video.
Ron Taube
Coon Rapids
https://www.flickr.com/photos/ronsthoughts/ <https://www.flickr.com/photos/ronsthoughts/>