MOU-RBA Archives

March 2016

From:
Ron Taube <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Ron Taube <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 16 Mar 2016 20:52:10 -0500
Hi
Today with a  friend of mine we went to the 180th street marsh then toLake Byllesby and Industrial Park in Randolph.
To start out at the 180th street marsh we saw half a dozen or so Northern Shovelers in the north west pond.  As we headed east on 180th we saw American Wigeon, half a dozen, Hooded Mergansers, at least two, three Trumpeter Swans, some Redheads, fifty or more lesser scaup.a flock of fifty or so European Starlings, and some horned larks along 180th.  Next we drove to Lake Byllesby.   The water is very low there and much of it on the western area is essentially mudflats.  We walked along the shore and saw Gadwall. a dozen or so Green Winged teal, Ring necked duck, ring billed gulls, a couple of bald eagles and when we went on the south side we got a flock of 150-200 Greater White Fronted Geese with two snow geese in the flock.  We watched as they circled the lake at least twice.  We also saw more horned larks and Killdeer along the road to the boat launch on the south side of the lake.  Next we drove by the Church at the industrial park. There we saw half a dozen bufflehead, ring necked ducks and at least two Canvasbacks.  We also saw a red tailed hawk more horned larks.  It was a good day for us.
I posted a few photos on my flickr page below
https://www.flickr.com/photos/ronsthoughts/
Ron Taube
Coon Rapids