MOU-RBA Archives

November 2011

From:
Heidi Hughes <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Heidi Hughes <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 23 Nov 2011 17:19:00 -0700
On the way to a meeting in Thief River Falls today - a Northern Shrike
flew in front of my car at the wetlands by the intersection of MN
Hwy1, County 8 and County 13 west of TRF.   Continuing east on MN Hwy1
towards TRF at the sign for the turn to the TRF sewage lagoon sat a
huge female Snowy Owl on a utility pole.  Yesterday, Mary Casavan, Red
Lake Falls Librarian, reported seeing a Snowy Owl as she drove north
at the county line on MN 32 on her to Thief River Falls... the bird
flew right over her car too.   I also spotted several Rough-legged
Hawks and Bald Eagles plus one little male Great Horned Owl at the
Agassiz Valley Flood Control impoundment southeast of Warren (Marshall
and Polk Counties) today.

Heidi Hughes
Agassiz Audubon Society
Audubon Center of the Red River Valley