MOU-RBA Archives

August 2012

From:
Erik Bruhnke <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Erik Bruhnke <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 19 Aug 2012 21:57:25 -0600
This morning I took a walk along Park Point. One of the biggest highlights
of the morning was seeing a Buff-breasted Sandpiper! Unfortunately due to
dogs not on their leashes, the Buff-breasted Sandpiper (and a flock of
shorebirds nearby) were scared away by the dogs on the beach.

Shorebird diversity was great this morning. Also, one Bonaparte's Gull was
seen way out over the open water; and just before pulling up to the
main parking lot, a fast-flying Merlin flew overhead. This morning's shots
of Semipalmated Sandpipers and Least Sandpipers are the best photos I ever
took of both species. I hope to share my photos your-way tomorrow! Below is
my eBird list from the morning.

Good birding,
Erik Bruhnke
Duluth, MN

--
*NATURALLY AVIAN* - Birding Tours and Bird photograpy
www.pbase.com/birdfedr