MOU-RBA Archives

July 2009

Sender:
Rare Bird Alert <[log in to unmask]>
From:
MN Birder <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 8 Jul 2009 00:04:27 -0600
Both Snowy Egrets were present this evening between 6:30 and 7:15 PM near
the center of the mud flats.  This made them easier to distinguish as they
were both right by each other preening themselves and surrounded by Great
Egrets.  They were visible from both the blind and the bridge this evening,
and I could even see the yellow feet on one of them from the path on the
bridge side.

Hopefully they stick around a little longer for others to see.

Ben

Both Snowy Egrets were foraging together (quite actively, may I add) at
Purgatory Creek this morning, July 5th, at 8am. (Eden Prairie, Hennepin Co.)
They stuck to the west edge of the large mudflat.

A scope is a necessity, although from the distance I could make them out due
to their tiny size. And remember, if you're going in the morning, view from
the bridge on the east side; if you're going in the evening, view from the
observation deck (aka "blind") on the west side.

Good birding!

Alyssa DeRubeis
Golden Valley, Hennepin Co.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Conny Brunell" <