MOU-RBA Archives

November 2009

From:
Rare Bird Alert <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 30 Nov 2009 13:04:27 -0700
Mike Hendrickson just called to report that as of 2:00 PM today
(11/30) the Slaty-backed Gull is still posing for portraits at Canal
Park. Mike was able to obtain a couple of in flight shots that will
hopefully show this species' diagnostic "string of pearls" produced by
whitish supapical tongue tips in the middle primaries (p5 though p7 or
p8).

Thanks to Karl Bardon for refinding this bird and getting the word out
so that other birders could admire this Siberian gull.

Peder H. Svingen
Duluth, MN

Quoting "Karl Bardon" <[log in to unmask]>:

> At 9:18 this morning I refound a third-cycle Slaty-backed Gull at
> Canal Park in Duluth, St. Louis County. This is the same individual
> I originally found on 28 October 2009 on the Minnesota side of the
> Superior Entry in Duluth while birding with Jane Hosking and Sarah
> Glesner
>
> Karl Bardon
>

> ----
> Archives:http://lists.umn.edu/archives/mou-net.html

This message was sent using the University of Minnesota Duluth Webmail