MOU-RBA Archives

June 2014

Sender:
Rare Bird Alert <[log in to unmask]>
From:
Liz Harper <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 1 Jun 2014 13:52:38 -0600
Sue and I found time between the rain to hit the north prairie loop @
Afton this morning.

Observed many species including over a dozen Henslow’s Sparrows, several
Grasshopper, clay colored and field sparrows, Eastern Meadowlarks, at
least one Bobolink, several Orchard Orioles, and the Summer Tanager.
Did not find the Bell’s Vireo, but as Julian pointed out the habitat is
perfect.

There was also a pair of black-billed cuckoo's in the small patch of
woods at the 50th street entry (just east of Pheasant Ct).

Liz